As we near the end of our 3rd week of restrictions, I wanted to provide a quick update as to how we are continuing to provide help, support and services to both our existing clients and others who need our support at this time.
Little did we think that the solutions we put in place over the last number of years would ever be so needed as they are in today’s unusual world. So how do our decisions impact you now:
- Our staff are all working remotely at this time from home and have full access to our systems;
- Our phones are remote enabled meaning we are able to take calls as though we were at our office desks;
- We have been using Docusign for the last number of years so that any documents that require a signature can be electronically signed by our clients;
- We have enabled Zoom conference calls with many of our clients to allow us to advise them on how best to secure their financial future.
So what does this mean for you? Simply put, Oaktree Financial Services are fully open and available regardless of the current lockdown. How we can help will depend on what it is you want help with. Here are some of the projects we have been working on over the last few days:
- Mortgages – Even though we are in lockdown, mortgage applications are still being processed and finalised with our main providers – in the last week alone mortgage approvals for over €1m have been received while there is another €2.5m in applications where final documentation is being sought. Many have taken this time to gather the information required to see what level of mortgage they can secure for their dream home.
- Pension Transfers – We have been busy investing funds (both large and small) for pension clients in the last month. Most of this has related to clients that have moved jobs over the last few years and left their pensions with their previous employers. We have now enabled them to consolidate and take control of their income in retirement.
- Investments – Many of our clients with some money put aside are taking our advice to avail of the recent fall in markets. Many are investing amounts from €20,000 with a view to gain on the upside of a market lift.
- Life Cover/Serious Illness Cover – Clients have taken this time to review what they currently have in place to protect their families. Not out of fear of Covid-19 but more as a result of putting it on the long finger for too long.
- General Support – We are far too aware of how the current situation has impacted clients be they employees or employers. Over the past number of weeks, we have been offering our support where we can to assist both clients and non-clients in relation to the government requirements and supports that are available to them.
If we can help you in any way please contact us and let us help and guide you at this difficult time.
Stay safe all.